An Essay on Chlorophyll
I am called Corey, the chlorophyll. Some people call me the little green thing you find in a plant cell. I wonder sometimes if I’m related to aliens because people call aliens the little green men. But for a little green thing, I’m more important than a little green man because I help the plant convert sunlight to energy they can use in their metabolism. Think of me as some sort of food processor. I help the process, so they can have food. Compare that to some green people that walk around on Mars, that can only say bleep-blap-bloop all the time.
Sometimes, I also think of why plants need us and humans don’t. But that’s because people depend on the food (plants and animals) they eat to get their energy. They don’t need little green things like me floating and swimming around in their blood. Can you imagine humans with green blood who don’t have any green parts on them? Well, I can name a few, like the Incredible Hulk, Shrek, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and the Jolly Green Giant, but that’s another story. And remember, that is why I am such an important little green thing.